Haku says: "WISH³ IS IN PRINT! ORDER!!! OR SUFFER MY NEEDLES OF DOOM!!"

Owari.
September 22, 2007 @ 4:18 am

Ya know… you’d think I’d already have something planned to say at this occasion. And I kind of do, though it’s being saved for the print volumes of Wish³. As of this moment… Wish³, as it was originally conceived, is done. Finished. End of the line. I expect to feel the full impact of it in the coming days, but for now all I can think of is that it’s 1am and I have class to teach in the morning. I don’t think these feelings do this moment justice.

First and foremost, I must thank all of you who’ve stuck by me through all these years. Wish³ first hit written word around January 2001. 416 pages sit on the server right now. I couldn’t have come this far without my friends around me, especially Ren who’s stuck with me the whole way through. Some friends have come and gone throughout this process, but I still wish to thank everyone for their influences – good and bad – on me.

So with a strangely numbed heart, I give you pages 39 and 40, the last pages I’ll update for Wish³. I hope you’ve enjoyed this story and hope you’ll stick with me for the next one, b e t w e e n. The photo is a blurry one of the first volume of Wish³ sitting on a shelf at my local comic book store. I think I got my own wish, too.

For those that are wondering about the FFC, I’ll give you guys…. Oh. Another week? Or a month? Is anyone else participating? :)

Comments

[ Posted By:
Breeana ]
Wow
September 24, 2007 @ 6:40 pm

Sylvia, that deserves a standing ovation. There aren't really words to describe how fantastic this comic was.

Can't wait for between~

Reverie ]
Wow.
September 24, 2007 @ 9:25 pm

I've always kind of been on and off with this comic, probably due to the updates. But I'm glad to see that it's finally got its well-deserved ending. I always debated whether or not if Basil was going to die at the end. All thoughts considering, your decision worked pretty well in the long run.

A few things I am left in question: What did Himitsu/Sana tell Basil that he swore to keep secret? And also, how did Sana and Hisako make it to the present day? Are they reincarnations or something, or did they physically make it to the present world somehow to escape Kiriya? I suppose it was jumping the shark a bit (or maybe jumping a time warp? O NOES, TIME PARADOX!), but oh well. The ending was poetically feel-good.

After this, I will definitely look forward to seeing what becomes of your other project, "b e t w e e n". It looks interesting. Don't suppose we're going to be getting a summary or some such soon, will we?

Ryuyujin ]
Of course there are others want to participate!
September 24, 2007 @ 6:11 pm

Hay! I do. I got unemployed though and as such had no time to draw as I scrambled to find a new means of income. I'm settaling into a new job now and thus have time again. ^_^

Sylver ]
hehe answers ^^;;
September 24, 2007 @ 5:46 pm

To answer your questions, Trey, Basil actually made his third wish at the end of issue 14. He made it before the final issue :X

As for Sana and Hisako making it to the future, it's me jumping the shark ;) I felt that as all players jumped out of their proper timeline, they must reset into the current one. If they were reset into their old ones, then... that's a bigger headache than I could've fixed.

haha sorry, I'm not the best writer out there, but I tried my best ^^;

Tangent ]
And it ends...
September 24, 2007 @ 2:56 pm

Heh. And here I was hoping to learn if our hero and our foxy lass ended up hooking up or not. ;) Anyway, it's a nice ending. I'll have to do a write-up. Take care! Rob H.

aurora ]
^^
September 23, 2007 @ 7:29 am

*hugs* Thank you. Thank you for writing that and using your time into letting us see it. I really appreciate it. And to think that this was the first webcomic that I ever read. Now I have a long list of them.
I cant wait for Between and Im sure it will be as wonderful as Wish3 is.
So thank you again ^^

vitupera ]
wonderful
September 24, 2007 @ 3:18 am

Wow, you did an amazing job. I've always truly admired your art, and it's only gotten better in the last few issues. The writing was compelling, and the story incredibly worth telling.

This must have been the second or third webcomic I ever followed. I read it in high school, and now I'm a senior in college. Thank you so much.

Trey ]
Wait... I think I got confused...
September 23, 2007 @ 3:01 am

Well first off, AMAZING comic, I absolutly adore it (no past tense yet =( ) I think I may have just got myself a bit confused tho... I have a couple questions, im not sure if I should post them here or else where so I will start off with here then maybe email you a week or so later if I get no answer.

1. Did he make his third wish? It seemed to suggest he didnt on page 39 o_0' Or I miss-read it.

2. How did Sana and Hisako come to the future? And what happened to Hisako's kids??

I think that's all for now XD

AMAZING COMIC! I wish the story could go on forever, but clearly, all stories must come to an end. It's like gravity but more disappointing XD

Much love!

- Trey

PS: I will be a diehard fan of your next comic so dont you worry!

Shara ]
September 23, 2007 @ 1:12 am

What can i say, this comic saw my last years of high school and most of college, i'm going to miss it. Thank you for sticking with it, and thanks for everything :D

Kate ]
September 23, 2007 @ 1:13 am

Wish3 was the first web comic I ever read (six years ago, damn). I got me started reading web comics and you inspiered me to become a better artist. Now i'm in the process of getting a B.A. in illustration. Your beautiful creation has made a difference in my life.
I just wanted to say thank you, it's been a good run.

Karen ]
HOMG
September 22, 2007 @ 4:38 am

Wow. Man, Wish3 has been going on longer than we've been friends. Its a fantastic work, and I'm both sad and happy to see it end. Congratulations.

Still working on FFC.~

Ana Nunes ]
Ending
September 22, 2007 @ 9:09 am

I have to say I've loved Wish3 all the way. I'm not sure for how long I've been fallowing it, but for sure, at least since 2004. It was a great trip and I have to thank you for brining us this amazig story. I wish you all the best and great sucess.

And I might be really distraced because I had no idea you had a FFC going on. I'm going to try to get something ready, but time is really the issue.

Anyway, I'll be there to fallow your new project as well.

Kevin Keyser ]
Well Done and Thank you!
September 22, 2007 @ 9:27 am

Sylvia,
I have tears in my eyes: Thank you for the years of Wish3. It’s been one heck of a ride! I am very glad that I had the chance to be a passenger. Until our paths, once again, cross… Kevin

Kez ]
A wonderful journey!
September 22, 2007 @ 12:19 pm

Another beautiful end! So many comics I read have ended this month! I just wanted to say congratulations on reaching the end, that it was a wonderful end, and that I'm looking forward to reading your next work!

PinkPunkPill ]
Congratulations!
September 23, 2007 @ 12:41 am

I started reading Wish3 from almost the beggining, many years ago (five, four?) and it has inspired me to write some short stories related to magic and feudal Japan that sucked! but it was fun while it lasted and that's what matters, so thank you for the inspiration even though it wasn't for something big, it was important to me. To read something that tingles your soul with meaning, with a message, with something beautiful... That's what makes any creation a work of art.

Thank you, Sylvia, for Wish3.
I'll be looking forward for Between. :3

RekKa ]
Omedetou gozaimasuuuu~~~
September 24, 2007 @ 11:23 pm

I'm so happy for you!! ^o^

You can bet I'll be sticking around for your next one. ^_~ Great job!!!

yimi ]
just wonderful
September 25, 2007 @ 4:34 am

You've managed what few people only can dream about; creating and ending a good story. I've enjoyed the time waiting and reading your comic. Good luck with your next project.

Tagalong ]
Thank you!
September 25, 2007 @ 6:01 pm

If I were a student of the arts (which means I'd have a different set of priorities...) or if I had an income worthy of the name I would certainly buy your comic books; but as a penniless student of sciences I must wait till I have the budget. Which is why I am writing (for the first time) to tell you thank you for allowing me the privilege of reading your comic online. Quality Manga is found mostly in books and where I come from, hard to come by, and online there is a lot of junk floating around, so it is refreshing to find an online comic in which the art is beutiful and original, the plot riveting and the storyline challanging.
Again - thank you Sylvia! will buy your comic books one day hopefully soon, and looking forward to reading "between"!

Post Comments

Comments have been disabled on this post

Contents of this site is solely the property of Sylvia T. Leung, copyright 2001-2005. All material is copyrighted, so don't use them, permission be damned! It's already a big fat "no!"
Website designed by Sylvia T. Leung. PHP code by Daniel "TheHeadSage" Spain.